Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter RoyleAdminPeter Royle (Free-range Developer, Tank Maverick) commented  · 

Hi Adam,

Some bad news - the 2-fingered-swiping code contained a nasty bug which ultimately I couldn't track down in time for release of our next update, so I've had to postpone this feature until the following update. I will re-enable it as soon as development starts on the next release so that I have plenty of time to try to figure the bug out. Hopefully with the greatly improved movement controls in this coming update you won't miss it too much.

I also wanted to mention that I would like to include you in the game's credits for your great feedback on the two items you have mentioned on this site. It really is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete.

• Peter RoyleAdminPeter Royle (Free-range Developer, Tank Maverick) commented  · 

Hi Adam,

For the next release I am working on better controls for movement, as I have had plenty of feedback suggesting that the movement controls are pretty awkward as they are. The most popular request has been for dual-sticks style control, where you control the left and right tracks individually as you would in a real tank.

That said, I don't see the harm in adding an extra method of setting off forwards or backwards such as swiping. It's worth noting though that in the next release we are also going to allow players to swipe up and down to look up and down instead of tilting. So swipe-to-move will probably be a two-finger swipe. I hope that will be OK?

Thanks again,

Pete.

Feedback and Knowledge Base